About the Program
The Detroit Revitalization Fellows are talented mid-career leaders stimulating progress within Detroit's civic, community and economic development landscape. This select group of doers engages in a rigorous two-year leadership development program while serving full time at organizations working to further key programs and projects across Detroit and the region. View our Impact Report here.
What characterizes Detroit Revitalization Fellows?
- Hard-working mid-career professionals.
- Take initiative and are ambitious.
- Believe they can make a difference in and around Detroit through their work.
- Want to develop as leaders, whether that be out in front or from the middle.
- Diverse and multidisciplinary in their approach(es).
What characterizes their Employers?
- Place a high value on talent.
- Aware of their capacity building need, and willing to let someone else explore it.
- See the possibilities in Detroit through both hyper-local and regional lenses.
- Encourage leadership development.
- Understand disparities in the city and region, and want to be part of addressing them.
Detroit Revitalization Fellows is a program of Wayne State University's Office of Economic Development.