About the Program
The Detroit Revitalization Fellows are talented mid-career leaders stimulating progress within Detroit’s civic, community and economic development landscape. This select group of doers engages in a rigorous two-year leadership development program while serving full time at organizations working to further key programs and projects across Detroit and the region.
What characterizes Detroit Revitalization Fellows?
- Accomplished mid-career professionals.
- Ambitious & hard-working.
- Believe they can make a difference in and around Detroit through their work.
- Want to develop as leaders, whether that be out in front or from the middle.
- Diverse and multidisciplinary in their approach(es).
What characterizes their Employers?
- Place a high value on talent.
- Aware of their capacity building need, and willing to let someone else explore it.
- See the possibilities in Detroit through both hyper-local and regional lenses.
- Encourage leadership development.
- Understand disparities in the city and region, and want to be part of addressing them.
Detroit Revitalization Fellows is a program of Wayne State University’s Office of Economic Development.